Saturday, November 7, 2009

Thing #19: Discovering Web 2.0 Tools

I clicked on the CNET Top 100 site and was not at all to see the site YouSendIt profiled. This is a great site, and one that I have had the need to use on several occasions of late. The site allows users to send large files (free if you send 1 file at a time) to others. The great thing about this site is that it gets around the file size restrictions that we have placed on us at Monash, and I am often having to send large PPT slides to people. It'a an application that all in the university setting could use... I explored some of the sites further and found Cuil, which was to be a competitor to Google... apparently some of the search results are not great, but I seemd to have some success. It will take something special to overthrow Google...

No comments:

Post a Comment