Monday, November 23, 2009

Thing #20: Discover YouTube

I heart You Tube would sum up my view of the site. It's right up there with Google (probably because they own it)!

Funny story about why I selected this video. I was doing an interview recently with a well respected New Zealand art historian, author and television producer on a topic I have been researching. He gave this great narrative about New Zealand's nation identity and as I hung of his every word, the words "Who the Fuck are we" leapt from his mouth. He then went on to describe this video, and these words in particular, as a metaphor for the craving for national identity that he sees New Zealand as having. He was a great interviewee, and his video recommendation was very funny... and one I may use in the creation of my video for ACR...

I think YouTube is a major resource for teaching, having access to the latest TV commercials around the world is just great for teaching in class - so long as the lecture room has IT working (!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment